Monday, September 15, 2014

The Heaviest Thing That Isn't a Tractor

My penchant for attending an auction and buying the heaviest thing that isn't a tractor has been transferred to the online auction world.  I bought this fabulous 3 drawer library table online tonight.  It is massive, approximately 7 feet long by 3 1/2 feet wide with five massive fluted legs.  I have to pick it up and haul it home in the next couple of days.




Mr. Flannery

Update: I picked it up at the online auction site yesterday. It is BIGGER than I thought. It is 8 feet long and 3.5 feet wide. It is solid mahogany and each of the 5 legs must weigh 30 pounds. It would not fit through the doorways assembled, so I had to take it apart. That's OK because the auction people will not help you load and I was by myself. After a great deal of huffing and puffing and restings and sitting I got the pieces into my truck. This process finalize my plans for the piece.

It was going to rain and I could not unload this beast into my house by myself. I called Jami at Gypsy Lea's and asked her if she could take it at her shop. That worked, so I headed to Sauk Rapids. Luckily it was a one doorway path to installation and Jami really helped a lot with the lifting and tugging. It looks great but I have some cleaning and polishing to do before it will be ready for sale.

Now that the truck was empty - I headed for an auction. Oh my!

No comments: