Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Another Crash - Another Service Call - Damn I Hate Computers

I have been absent from the Net for the past week or so. My new super souped up DELL has crashed again. Windows 7 has corrupted, while I was using it, and everything froze. I called, the first service tech was some unintelligible woman in the Philippines. NOTHING and we were finally disconnected. Ain't that a surprise. Then someone from Omaha called. Omaha was the caller ID, but I never heard of the Nebraska monsoons. We tried this and that and finally they were going to send me new Windows re-install disk. BAHHHHH!

Well the disk arrived yesterday afternoon. It made no difference. So now we are going to have a technician arrive in 3-4 days to install a new hard drive and a new RAM.

I reconnected my old computer. I am trying to find my new links etc. Maybe my new computer will finally work, but I'm not holding my breath.

Mr. Flannery.

3 comments:

red.neck chic said...

THERE you are!!! I was wonderin' why you were so quiet...
:-D

Computers Schmuters... they truly baffle me - as do computer technicians and sales/support/service people. LOLOLOL

Glad you're stand-by is up and runnin' though!

:-D robelyn

Marge of Emmas Nook and Granny said...

I feel your pain -- and share it! I bought a Dell netbook recently - a 'throw it in the purse and go' cute little thing. A few days ago all of the software we had installed was gone and so were all the data files I had transferred from my laptop. Disappeared. Vanished. Not sure just yet what to do with it. Reinstall everything? It's too small to be a boat anchor. Maybe a door stop. If the door isn't too heavy.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Oh hello, I feel your pain. Mine got a virus so bad it had to be "cleaned/washed". I did get a laptop for my anniversary (YEA !!!) and am praying nothing will happen to it. Darn things, can't hardly live without them anymore.
Hope yours is up and running soon.
(())