Monday, February 10, 2014

Mr. Flannery Can't Cook

  I graduated from high school in 1967 (when you do the calculation please remember I am an early Duggy Houser).  The brain trust that has always run American public education excluded me from the two high school classes that would have continuing relevance in my life.  Boys did not take typing or home ec.  So here I sit punching away on the computer with 4 fingers on the keyboard eating "food" that I made for myself.
 
  I have actually developed my own recipe for a slow cooked chicken stir fry.  I adapted a chicken recipe that I found on Pinterest and am eating right now.  I am using a low mileage crock pot that I am sure was a wedding present from 39 years ago.
 
  I forgot step one and did not spray the pot with Pam before I started.  Then I put a tray of chicken tenderloins in the pot covered with Walmart Smoked Honey BBQ Sauce, added drained pineapple chunks and a couple of sloshes of soy sauce.  Cooked on high for 4 hours then added chopped fresh broccoli, snow pea pods, chopped carrots, celery bamboo shoots and water chestnuts.  Cooked for another hour and served with white rice.
 



Mr. Flannery

1 comment:

Jaybird said...

Looks good to me!! If you have stuff stuck to the sides of your crockpot, fill it with hot water, smoosh in a dryer sheet and stir it around. Cover and let sit over night....voila....everything rinses right out!!
Have a good week!
J