Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Today's Project

I have been assembling another table using a portion of a barn door as the top. This one is 21 inches tall which is a high coffee table. Perfect for eating while sitting on the sofa in front of the TV. The base is an old table base that I cut down to fit. I haven't decided what color to paint the base, but I'll probably just seal the top with some poly.


This is another oddity that I bought at auction recently. It is the door from an old truck. I have a pair of these doors but no idea what make or model it is from. I was thinking of using them as the doors on a cupboard or maybe just a piece of garden sculpture.



Mr. Flannery

2 comments:

SueB said...

I love the old truck door Mr Flannery.......I think you should paint the coffee table base Red......perfect for one of the many lake cottages in your area around the 4th of July. (Your favorite Holiday.)

Sue hoping for flag pictures this year

Deb said...

The old door.....Hmmmmmm! Okay, put a corkboard in the hole where the window goes, paint the rest of the door with chalkboard paint and hang it on the wall either vertically or horizontally....you have a very unique place to write your "to-do" list and post important reminders. :)

Deb