Monday, June 25, 2012

I Are Now Edjukated

Its been a boring month. I have a professional licensing requirement to do 45 hours of continuing education every three years. My reporting period ends on June 30th and as of June 1st I had achieved about 2 hours. So for the month of June I have been continuingly educated.

I bought a 45.5 hour webcast package for the month of June. Its good because I can view the educating on my computer without having to travel to MSP. That convenience means no travel time and no parking problems but it also means that the course selection does not match my interests. I have been licenced for 37 years (I started when I was 11) so the two courses related to begining practitioners probably were not well targeted.

The need to get edjukated has cut into my picking time. On many of these beautiful summer days I have been pasted to my computer rather than picking or cleaning or fixing.

The classwork runs through Thursday of this week. So I have a picking expedition scheduled for FRIDAY. We are headed see a guy in SW Minnesota who has contacted us. We will leave early, we will drive far, we will turn over every rock and we’ll get home late and tired. I will be edjukated and I will be much happier than I am right now listening to 3 professionals pontificate on some obscure area.

Mr. Flannery

2 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

BUT you WILL be EDUCATED !!! and you will certainly have earned some pickin' time.
oh and Mr. F . since you are moderating comments will you please remove the "prove you're not a robot" verification? I can rarely get it in one try and give up after two.

red.neck chic said...

LOL! I met some edjucated people today... and I get to go back tomorrow!

I'd like to be pickin' though.. I can't wait to see what you come home with after your month of edjumacation house arrest.