Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Hog Pen is Full of Metal and Wood

Its sale time again at Second Hand Rose.  So I am going to give you a little tour of my space at the shop.  This month has been especially difficult because of the weather.  Snow cold and other tundra crap weather has limited my ability to work on pieces outside.  My selection is limited to shop ready pieces that I picked up at auctions, the LeSueur flea market and picking.

The "necks" are from the out of business jewelry store in Hibbing.

 The bird cage is from a farm house in northern Iowa.

 I like the 1880's oak double bed on the wall.  The pair of lamps on the metal bookcase are mid-century modern Italian ceramic flanking a religious niche.

 The harp case is from 1890 and has great stenciling.




The tables on the cabinet are aquarium stands from a 1940's school in Iowa,

 This is brand new, to me.  It is a five section modular file cabinet in 1940's olive drab metal.

The biggest surprise with the metal cabinet is that it has four chunky glass legs.

The sale starts on Thursday, May 2nd, and I believe that I have a fine selection of hogs to display amongst the roses at Second Hand Rose.

Mr. Flannery

No comments: