Monday, September 26, 2016

This Time They are Auctioning My Stuff

It is happening.  Instead of buying at auction, an activity that I have enjoyed for more than 40 years, I am going to SELL at auction.  The auction is next Sunday, October 2nd at Noon in Fairhaven, Minnesota.

I have rented a 40' by 25' large garage for storage for many years.  My landlord has now sold the home site and garage and the new owners want to use the garage rather than receive my rent payments.  I have until October 12th to empty the building.

My first instinct was to move my stuff elsewhere.  I have now accepted that that is an unachievable task.  The panic was setting in.  How am I going to move this mountain of junk in 2 weeks.  Luckily I was able to persuade a local auctioneer, Derek Lundeen, to take this auction on very short notice.

I have been unpacking, sorting and throwing for the past week.  I have suffered a junkalanche or two.  My feet and back are stiff and tired.  I am too old to deal with this hoard.  Now it will be auctioned, after the crew sets it up, and hopefully all of the junk will depart.

This photo gives you a glimpse of what I faced when I peared into the big building.

There is a lot of "in the rough" and antique furniture.

A couple of horizontal file cabinets.

Lots of drawers.
I hope everything sells.  I especially hope that it doesn't rain next Sunday.  I haven't attended an auction this month and it looks like my selling auction will be the next one that I make it to.










Mr. Flannery

No comments: