Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Scrapbooking on Wheels

I have been contemplating the use of oil paintings to decorate some of my projects. Mainly because I cannot paint worth a damn, so using someone else's artistic endeavors is a good cheat around my lack of talent.

I bought a strange little cabinet at an auction. It appears to be a portion of an old music cabinet that has had the legs removed and a new plywood top added. The piece has been mounted on casters and stands about the height of an end table. I painted the cabinet black. I removed the edging from the plywood and glued an old oil canvas to the top. The edges of the canvas have been trimmed and the black painted molding reapplied. It is now a shabotaged, rolling, scrapbooking cabinet. Oh well - it may even sell from amongst the roses.

Mr. Flannery

2 comments:

Deb said...

That's a great idea....I may have to try this myself. Thanks for adding me to your favorite links!

Deb

Deb said...

I looked for an oil painting large enough to cover the top of a cabinet I want to turn into a "rose" and can you believe there were NONE in the thrift stores!!! Hmmm....makes me wonder of they are all in certain someone's garage in Minnesota??? :)

Deb