Thursday, October 14, 2010

Its a Singer

I actually purchased an old sewing machine at auction last week. It was thrown into a lot with some pieces that I wanted. I decided that, even though the machine was worthless, the drawers had some value. The machine was trash, so I disemboweled it out on my driveway. The drawers came out in two nice stacks, the end pieces are fancy cast iron, and I cut out the SINGER logo from the frame.




I going to bring the pieces into Gypsy Lea's for the October sale that started today. I have real business in St. Cloud, so its not a special trip. Maybe someone will be named Singer, or be a singer or maybe a sewing machine collector. We'll see if anything sells.

Mr. Flannery

UPDATE:
The 2 banks of drawers and the Singer piece all sold at Gypsy Lea's within the first day that they were there. Maybe I'll watch for guttable machines at auction.

3 comments:

red.neck chic said...

i'd sing for it...

;-D robelyn

Jill said...

So many things are worth more taken apart. Iron words saying anything are awesome.

Jaybird said...

take the piece of wood that has the hole where the machine goes loose from the cabinet.....
turn it on it's side so that it is standing upright ......
attach mirror on the back side and it makes a very cool wall mirror/decoration. You can add the pretty piece of wood that is on the front of the cabinet under the mirror on the front, and it makes a neat little shelf!