Sunday, April 10, 2011

Time to Re-evaluate

I've been doing this antiques, junkin', buying and selling business for a long time. I like the hunt the best. I'd much rather shoot than clean and cook. I have therefore gathered an awful large amount of inventory. I have garages full, and storage buildings full and even storage tents full. It has finally hit me. It is time to downsize. I cannot keep gathering without doing some significant dispersal.

It is Spring here on the tundra and I will finally be able to work outside on my projects. I am going to redouble my efforts to get things into the shops, especially to Gypsy Lea's. But I am afraid that will not be enough. While I have no definitive plans yet, I think that I am going to have to have a couple of sales here at the lake, just to start getting my head above water.

So for the Spring and Summer it will be more real work, more cooking and cleaning my inventory and fewer auctions with fewer purchases. I want to be able to exit my paid storage and work in my lower garage by next Fall. That's the outline of the plan. I sure do hope that I can get it done this season.

Mr. Flannery

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh I know the feeling... overwhelming! The thing that I would like to have access to is a shop with a 'rough room' where people can buy pieces to do themselves.

Linda Kangas said...

Let us know when and where and we'll be there! I can use more inventory!

ann at greenoak said...

my plot on this is annnual Real clearance sale..... you know about anything sells in the 1$$ row...and also tons of my regular good rough s tuff goes out at just get rid of it prices....
i wish someone in my area would call me with all that and give me a pile price....i need more all the time...they love my rough room...and junky outside parts...
how about a huge sale at gypsy leas?