Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Its Hard to Imagine - I Finished Two Projects

Its hard to believe but I actually have completed two of the projects that I was going to get right to 3-4 months ago. The first is making hanging pendant lights from these Rocket Automatic Fish Scalers. The second is a work bench that is now a counter/center island.

I really like the shadows that these lamps cast.

This maple butcher block top counter/island/bench was poorly covered with a 1/4 inch thick coating of poly. It was globbed on so thick that there were poly icicles growing from the bottom edge of the counter.

This is a "during" photo after I had sanded off the awful poly.

Both pieces are going to be in Second Hand Rose for the September sale.

Mr. Flannery

2 comments:

red.neck chic said...

Those lamps are so needed at my house...

;-D

They are AWESOME!!!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

oh wow...the lights are fantastic!
great job on both.