Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Its Hard to Imagine - I Finished Two Projects

Its hard to believe but I actually have completed two of the projects that I was going to get right to 3-4 months ago. The first is making hanging pendant lights from these Rocket Automatic Fish Scalers. The second is a work bench that is now a counter/center island.

I really like the shadows that these lamps cast.

This maple butcher block top counter/island/bench was poorly covered with a 1/4 inch thick coating of poly. It was globbed on so thick that there were poly icicles growing from the bottom edge of the counter.

This is a "during" photo after I had sanded off the awful poly.

Both pieces are going to be in Second Hand Rose for the September sale.

Mr. Flannery


red.neck chic said...

Those lamps are so needed at my house...


They are AWESOME!!!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

oh wow...the lights are fantastic!
great job on both.