Monday, August 1, 2011

August at Second Hand Rose

The August sale at Second Hand Rose starts on Thursday. I got all the pieces in place and priced yesterday in the heat and humidity. My space looks really good. I have lots of industrial type pieces with a touch of real antiques and a big gob of whimsy.

This is my favorite piece for this month. Its the center island that I made from an antique wood and steel pallet on top of a restaurant grade Metro brand wire shelf on casters.

Ok, so they don't let me do cute. It seems that I am not capable of defining cute to the satisfaction of the women dealers. I can do strange and unusual, but not so much cute. However, these cowboy boots in their original 1940's box, are so hopelessly cute that even I know that they are cute.

The cast iron pieces on the wall. The Home Treasure is probably part of an old stove.

A goofus glass platter in front of a spinning wheel and on top of an immigrant trunk with a Mankato, Minnesota address.

This kitchen cupboard is a real antique from about 1870-80. It was refinished many years ago and is in perfect "centerpiece for any house" condition. Its nice to find a piece that I can bring right into the shop without substantial work or rebuilding.

Another piece of whimsy, this Rainbow Band drum set sits atop the cupboard.

One of the three warehouse carts that are in the shop this month sits under the Mankato trunk. The smaller copper kettle drum would make a great end table.

This leather ottoman just kind of leans against my center display.

The pallet center island is down the path flanked by the cupboard and three warehouse carts.

The center display with the carts and a larger kettle drum. (If I called it a timpani would I get a higher price?)

Its going to be a good sale. I just hope that some of our customers look at the Restoration Hardware catalog and know how much they charge for their version of the carts.

Mr. Flannery

2 comments:

Marge of Emmas Nook and Granny said...

Lookin' good! Kettle drum = $$. Timpani = $$$$.

red.neck chic said...

I like the little rainbow drum!!! Cute.... cute.... cute...

;-D

I think it all looks GREAT!!!