Monday, August 22, 2011

An Organ Transplant

I bought a nice working turn of the century (that would be the 19th to 20th century turn, not the more recent turn that is now associated with true Chinese "antiques") pump organ. It was very nice looking. It would be a shame to ruin the organ so I put it into Gypsy Lea's at a very low price. It would not sell, even with two attempts and an even lower price.

SO!!! I decided that an organ transpant was necessary. Unfortunately the patient didn't make it. I parted it out and will be selling the pieces. (Isn't that the plot for some spy novel?) The keyboard and some of the fancy wood pieces are headed for the shop. The remainder of good American manufacturing from a by-gone era will be headed to the dump.



Mr. Flannery

5 comments:

red.neck chic said...

I was getting ready to send flowers...

;-D

Margo said...

Did it have organ stops (pull knobs) I love those. Price?

LMK
Margo

Margo said...

Are you going to be at the Junk Bonanza this year? Looks to me like you are from MN, is that right?

Margo

AngelMc said...

That sound you just heard was me sighing very deeply.
Poor poor Miss Pump Organ

Mr. Flannery said...

Margo - I am in Minnesota. I have never been to Junk Bonanza, but may be chaufering someone there this year. The organ stops are saved and will probably be in Second Hand Rose for the September sale. I have not priced them yet.