Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October at Second Hand Rose in Buffalo

It's been a long end of the month here on the tundra.  I had set up at Second Hand Rose and prep for the Antiques Show in St. Paul happening at the same time.  Well I got a preliminary set up at SHR and the trailer loaded for the St. Paul show.  The show was OK but we were set up outside and it rained most of the day on Saturday.  I finished my set up at SHR on Monday evening.  I am very pleased with the way that it looks.
 
 Snowshoes atop fretwork, a typical hog pen display
 
 Pat and I share the over the door space.
3 members of the herd made it there
for the sale.


One of my favorite pieces.  A 1948-50
internally lit globe with a cast airplane base.
 


 A milk can top cut off and turned
over into a great primitive urn.

 6 Franciscan goblets c. 1975.

 The top globe is also lit and from about 1970.


 The back from an antique National cash register.



 Handy Junior Button Machine.




 New old stock milk pails from an old hardware store.


It should be a very good sale.  The other spaces look wonderful with the Roses doing their usual glorious job of arranging.

Mr. Flannery

No comments: