Sunday, September 27, 2009

No Train Here

The amusement park train from the 1950's was even better than it looked in the pictures. Unfortunately it sold for $14,300, so it will not be traversing Flannery Bay. However, if I connected it to the mainline at South Haven, the State would probably give me the more than $1 million per mile subsidy that we're paying for the almost as useful rail line from Big Lake to St. Paul. I didn't buy anything too wonderful, but I will have three trucks full of furniture to haul away from there. I already brought a nice dining table, buffet, 8 chairs and 2 bar stools to Gypsy's for the October sale. I will go there again tomorrow for my next load and to see if there are more hogs to be herded in the second day of the auction.



Mr. Flannery

2 comments:

Janice said...

Love the lamps!!!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Ohhhh darn Mr. F ... you would have to live waaaay up Nawth. I too would glom up those lamps. Sounds like you made a good haul anyway.