Saturday, August 21, 2010

Beautiful - But Not to Be

I went to another auction today, but I only went there after the first three hours were over. I was interested in one item. And she was beautiful, a 1955 Chev 3800 pick-up. Fully restored with a candy apple red dress. She had won a number of beauty contests in her day and was on the market only because her owner had died.

I bid her up to $10K but wasn't ever really in the running. She finally sold for $12,500. I guess that it was just not to be. But she sure would have been fun with my Flannery Bay logo on the door at the next auction that I attend late and leave early.

Mr. Flannery

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yowwwwza! What a beauty! I too, would love to own a gem like that Mr Flannery!! Not to be :o(

red.neck chic said...

See.... it's like this. If you had won her - you would have lost her 'cause I would have been driving off in her (while pulling the Jalopy) grinning and giggling in the middle of the night.

Perhaps that's why it was "not to be". LOLOL

Good grief - what a gorgeous truck!!!

;-D robelyn