Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ideas for April

I am getting excited about our April occasional sale at Gypsy Lea's in Sauk Rapids. I have decided to bring in some of the early Spring items for the sale. I have a six legged black wrought iron garden gazebo (about 9 feet tall) and a small metal barn cupula. I will have two fancy oak single beds, one painted yellow and one painted pink, plus some home made steel hog feeding troughs to bring in too.

The Spring weather is starting and I will be able to get some painting done outside. I also decided that some of the of the tambor doors that I bought last month will make great wainscoting on the sides of a counter. I will be able to cut a piece in half and have a 3 foot wide piece to use as facing.

I have a metal chick brooder. It is like a metal hip roof on 4 short legs. If I can assemble the pieces it will become the roof of a potting table, just in time for Spring gardening. I will also have a small steel wheeled garden wagon (with a frozen bearing on one wheel) and a metal siding piece from a 1920's prison made manure wagon marked "Minnesota" in 4 inch letters.

I have lots of ideas and maybe even some good weather. It will be fun to have some special Spring items and some project items in the shop for sale.

Mr. Flannery

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is going to be a great sale Peter - I can feel it in my bones. We have a great RED center island, and multi-colored console table - already brought a bed and matching bench in - and Mike is working his butt off on a couple of his famous potting benches. SPRING IS DEFINITELY HERE IN THE TUNDRA - never mind those snow flurries of this evening!!