Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring??

Well we have now come to that indeterminate period here on the tundra. It was -15* on Thursday morning and 59* by Sunday afternoon. The ice is still covering the lake, but the snow and frost are out of the ground turning the yard into a nice mooshy mix of dead grass, mud, a winter's worth of Babe's work and ice pieces.

I too have survived. I worked at Gypsy Lea's on Thursday and Saturday, but pooped out pretty early. We had lots of viewers but sales have started to slow. March is traditionally a slow month so we are hoping this a seasonal and not an economic dip. I sold 1930's floor model radios and all the smaller tables moved out of the shop. I think that Spring and outside and gardens will get us back on the upswing for April.

Mike and I attended an auction in Wisconsin on Sunday. I bought two things of note. An 1890's general store rolling ladder and a cast metal popsicle mold. They will be at Gypsy Lea's for the April sale.




Mr. Flannery

No comments: