Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Back to the Furniture

I have been fully engaged in doing my real job this past week, culminating with two very intense days at a location 100 miles from home/office. I waddled home last night after 14 hours. I got a BIG greeting from Babe. He was very happy to see me (and to get outside before his bladder burst). I got cold shoulders from Gracie and the visiting cats. They are, after all, cats. And I got to bed after dropping my tie and suit at various places between the door and my bedroom.

Today the sun is shining and furniture awaits me. I have things to destroy, things to repair and things to paint. I'll fire up the flux capacitor and flee

Back to the Furniture !!

Mr. Flannery

4 comments:

red.neck chic said...

I'm laughing so hard...

Glad your back - and the furniture too! LOLOL To the paintbrush - and beyond!!!

You know the cats own you... not the other way around. Visiting or non-visiting - you belong to them.

;-) robelyn

Marge of Emmas Nook and Granny said...

Fourteen hours devoted to your real job? How awful for you. I would think you would be allergic to neckties by this stage of your career. How many more years? I am an official bum now. No pension and not old enough for soc sec, but retired from my real job. Kind of liking this easy living! You should try it!

Mr. Flannery said...

Marge - 14 hours on Tuesday. I do not like neckties very much. Dislike having the top button of my shirt buttoned even more. But both are part of the uniform required for the past 35 years (I started when I was 11). I was doing less real work prior to the distruction of my investments. Still too young for Soc.Sec. and too poor now for my 401K. Unfortunately, retirement plan now starts with "1. buy Powerball ticket".

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Was just reading about your storm. How did people ever live without electricity, phones and computers? or indoor plumbing?