Saturday, January 2, 2010

-22* Oh My!!

Its damn cold here on the tundra. It was -22* when Babe and I got up this morning. We did our usual morning dance to the door. I let him out and he barely made it to the bottom of the steps. It was a quick two step then back into the house. Now Babe is a full bred Labrador, built for the cold of the Canadian wilds. He figured 2 minutes was more than enough outside time for him.

Its easy to figure out how cold -22* is. its about 60* colder than the inside of your refrigerator. The truck squeaked and groaned but started as requested. It had warmed to -18* by 9:30 when I left for the auction. Then I drove into urban St. Cloud. In the urban heat bubble it was only -14*. Damn I need some global warming.

I simply must go - Baby, it's cold outside
The answer is no - Ooh baby, it's cold outside
This welcome has been - I'm lucky that you dropped in
So nice and warm -- Look out the window at that storm
My sister will be suspicious - Man, your lips look so delicious
My brother will be there at the door - Waves upon a tropical shore
My maiden aunt's mind is vicious - Gosh your lips look delicious
Well maybe just a half a drink more - Never such a blizzard before
I've got to go home - Oh, baby, you'll freeze out there
Say, lend me your comb - It's up to your knees out there
You've really been grand - Your eyes are like starlight now
But don't you see - How can you do this thing to me
There's bound to be talk tomorrow - Making my life long sorrow
At least there will be plenty implied - If you caught pneumonia and died
I really can't stay - Get over that old out
Ahh, but it's cold outside
Baby it's cold outside
Brr its cold...It's cold out there
Can't you stay awhile longer baby
Well... I really shouldn't... alright

Mr. Flannery

3 comments:

AngelMc said...

Hi, found your blog and really enjoyed visiting here. I too love auctions, went to one today and will be posting my finds later...22 degrees below zero...and to think I was whining about how cold it was today in Mississippi...drop by and visit my blog sometime.

red.neck chic said...

Uhmmm...
I just turned my heat up after singing along. LOL Good grief - you wouldn't have gotten me out the door for 2 seconds without dressing me up like the kid from "The Christmas Story" AFTER I put on 4 snow suits.

And I wouldn't lick a telephone pole either. LOLOL

;-) Stay warm (Babe too!!!)That's craziness... I'm going to put on another sweat shirt in your honor.

:-D
robelyn

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Sigh, Mr. Flannery I remember that song. Gah I'm old.

It is freezin' here in the deep South too .. renamed the deep freeze. We too are lookin' for that elusive global warming.