Thursday, January 7, 2010

Soon it Will Be Gypsy Lea's Again

It has been so damn cold that it has been tough getting things ready and hauled over to Gypsy Lea's for the January sale. The sale starts a week from today and I will not be very well represented if I do not get my butt in gear real soon.

I have an old wooden tool box that I painted black that needs some feet before it will sell. I have some nice metal feet from a stove, some cast iron bathtub feet, a couple of shoe lasts that would add a real whimsical look and even some wood croquet balls that I can flatten a bit to attach as feet. Lots of options but at -14* its hard to search through the garage or storage for the pieces.

Maybe I'll just set up the chop saw and chip off the top on 4 croquet balls. I can leave them in their old chippy paint and just attach them with a lag screw through the bottom of the tool box.

Gypsy called and wanted to remind me that Christmas leftovers have to be removed. Not a big problem. But a good excuse to push some of the new smalls out to the truck.

Mr. Flannery

2 comments:

red.neck chic said...

Okay - 'cause I'm me - I'm votin' for the croquet balls or the shoe lasts... the shoe lasts would look WAY cool. LOL It could be the "travelin' tool box"... or you could hang a sign on it that says, "have tools, will travel".

;-) robelyn

Broken China Treasures said...

Croquet balls for feet....interesting. I'm like rnc, I vote for the croquet balls.

Your storage area sounds like the place I would love to shop! Do you ever come across any vintage jewelry or broken china or sterling silverware? For some reason we don't have the type of auctions around here y'all have - maybe I need to venture to a larger city for my finds.

Good luck getting your things ready for the sale and I'm so glad Murphy has moved on somewhere else!