Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Are These Hopelessly Cute?

As the hog master in the fields of roses I have an aversion to determining what is or isn't cute. The shabbies will let me decide strange or unusual, but not what is cute or adorable. I was processing some of the clutter while cleaning out my office. I found these paper dolls. Some are home made and some are from kits or cardboard cut outs. The are wrapped in 1933 newspaper and the name of the doll is written in pencil. Some are "Our Gang" movie characters. But are they cute? You tell me, please. I know that they aren't strange or unusual.







Mr. Flannery


PS - These are just the first few out of the box. Maybe 20% of the total.

6 comments:

Marge of Emmas Nook and Granny said...

Toooooo cute!!

Anonymous said...

They are fabulous! Can't wait to see them all!

SecondhandKris said...

I absolutely hate dolls. But for some reason I LOVE paperdolls (not nearly as scary I guess!!). They are definitely "hopelessly cute", sweet and adorable!

red.neck chic said...

LOLOL I'm with Kris...dolls and stuffed animals aren't my thaaang - but DANG - hand me some paper dolls and I'm racing off to play!!!

No kidding "hopelessly cute", sweet and adorable totally fits the description bill!!! I STILL have a box of 'em from when I was little and made off with the catalogs or my Mom's sewing patterns or when I thought I should be a dress designer. huh. Do you think the dresses in pictures 5, 6 & 7 come in my size? hmmmm...

Roses - most definitely!!! If you don't decorate the aluminum tree with cards, decorate it with paper dolls!!! And please, could I have a picture of you hanging dresses on a tree? (purely angelic grin goes here.)

;-D Robelyn

Mr. Flannery said...

RNC - Isn't hanging dolls from a tree a sign that I'll become a serial killer?

red.neck chic said...

Well....it depends...

if the dolls look like Tony the Tiger, Captain Crunch, the Krispy Triplets or the infamous Lucky - then yeah...could be a definite sign...

Other than that you should be good to go.

LOLOLOL