Monday, December 28, 2009

So I took a lump of electrical tape . . .

I finally figured out a way to get the battery into the 4 wheeler and all wired up. It involved the use of a wadded up lump of electrical tape. I balled up some tape (with the sticky side out), attached the square pseudo nut to the tape and then jammed the whole thing into the terminal box. I used a screw driver to align the nut with the hole in the terminal bracket. I was then able to line up the cables while the tape held the nut in place. And the 4 wheeler started!

I now plowed the latest two inches of snow off the driveway and need to get back to the place where I was when this crap all started. The next task is to figure out a way to bend the plow frame back to its original position. I jumped up and down on the blade while I had the frame elevated on a two by four. It didn't work. Didn't even make a small dent in the problem. So next I need to dismount the plow and bring it somewhere that can bend the frame members back into their proper places.

I listed those two crocks on eBay with auctions ending on Christmas Day evening. They did very well. Maybe I will try to get a few more items listed on eBay this week.

Mr. Flannery

4 comments:

red.neck chic said...

Hmmmm.... I now have a mental image of you doing jumping jacks on the frame with Babe just sitting there watching... a baffled look on his face... oh wait, now you've moved past the jumpin' jacks and are now doing the cotton eye joe.

Electrical tape is the equivalent of duct tape in my opinion! So "handy". LOL

I'm glad your crocks did good!!! I'll have to start watchin' your ebay so I can see what I need to take off your hands for you. hee-hee

;-) robelyn

Anonymous said...

Mr. Flannery...you make me laugh! Glad to hear you got the battery problem "solved"?

terry5732 said...

I don't recall the story of how the plow got bent

I thought the crocks might do better

ebay traffic was extremely low on the 24th and 25th

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Good ole Yankee ingenuity!

Happy New Year !