Thursday, December 31, 2009

Once in a Blue Moon

Tonight is one of those rare occurrences. Its a blue moon. And a blue moon on New Years makes me want to sing.

Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

Blue Moon, you knew just what I was there for
You heard me saying a prayer for
Someone I really could care for

And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will ever hold
I heard somebody whisper, 'Please adore me'
And when I looked, the moon had turned to gold

Blue Moon, now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

I won't be running outside (in our below zero weather here on the Tundra) to see the blue moon. 'Cause its all a lie. The moon won't be blue, it will be the same old yellowish-white color.

Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Mr. Flannery

P.S. - Click on the blue moon photo above for a beautiful screen filling example. Blue moon has come to mean the second full moon in a month. And to RNC - it does not mean the sight of getting up from the outhouse when it is minus 20*.

4 comments:

red.neck chic said...

LOLOL I was gettin' all mushy, misty-eyed and romantic singing "blue moon" at the top of my lungs... then you burst my bubble by telling me it's not really going to be blue. I'm gonna have to take off my rose-colored glasses and slide on some blue-colored ones. Then I'll sing again (and send you some blue-colored lenses). LOLOLOL

Happy New Year's Eve Peter! I'm glad you're not going to be running around in the sub-zero temps... if you were here though I think the low is only 40 somethin'... I'll run around for you. hee-hee
;-) robelyn

SecondhandKris said...

Happy New Year Peter! I sang along with you (of course!!) to one of my favorite songs! Like RNC tho - you did kind of burst my bubble!!

red.neck chic said...

Well damn. LOLOL How well you know the way my mind works...

;-) robelyn

Jill said...

I took pictures of the blue moon also! And, no it wasn't blue here in Nebraska either but I like your last version of a blue moon! Although the image may be burned into my mind now--eeeewwww!